Friday, January 25, 2013

It's LOAD time again! Pikes Peak Scrapper Tip #3 Organize



Welcome to the LOAD 213 Blog Hop!  If you have come from Kelli's blog, you are in the right place.  There are a whole bunch of us so if you want to jump around, here is the whole group!

Julie Shepler: www.sheplerfamily.com
Betsye Erazo: betsyerose.blogspot.com
Marcia Fortunato: mfortunato.blogspot.com
Kristie Sloan: http://kristiesloan.com/blog/
Katrina Forman: http://k84mansramblings.blogspot.com
Jessica Baldwin: www.inkyaddict.com

I participated in my first Layout a Day last February and it really has changed the way I scrapbook.  I'm not just putting pictures on a page with pretty papers and embellishments with a little bit of journaling of the who, what and where.  I have learned to really focus on the stories.  
Those are the pages I love to go back to that give a glimpse into what was really going on behind the pictures, why did I take the pictures, those hidden gems that I can pass on to whoever views my pages and our stories in the future.
What am I doing to prepare for LOAD right now?  
 
 
I am doing a major overhaul/sort/clean/organize of my scrap room (former dining room) so I will be up and running by next weekend.  That way I will be able to sit down and scrap the pages quickly because I will know where everything is!  That is my Pikes Peak Scrapper Tip #3, ORGANIZE!  If you haven't yet signed up for LOAD 213, it's not too late!  http://www.layoutaday.com/load213/
 Thanks for coming and have fun heading over to see what secrets Leslie may share with you!  http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com/

17 comments:

  1. I want pictures of your space when you're done organizing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cathy, are you available to bulldoze off ym desk area? It looks like you'll have some good experience soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the real look at your scrap room! Mine looks really bad right now. I want to see it when you're done with the overhaul. :-)
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, good for you for using the dining room! Many of us have a "dining room" that really gets used so seldom that it is a shame to waste the space for what someone else had it dreamed up to be! We recently did some rearranging at our house, just before Christmas, and it has been amazing how much more livable our house is, as well as easier to keep tidy! Happy LOAD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO with you on the organizing thing!
    I feel that is all that I need to do to prepare this time.
    See ya SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go Cathy go! My crystal ball says there's a layout in your future with this photo above as a "before" and a gorgeous "after" photo in the making! See you soon!
    -Connie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your photo of your scraproom, it looks like a real place where you really get to work!!! One of my tips is to not clean during LOAD, so you have that figured out! Go, go, go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Must organize before....and after!! See you next month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cathy, I feel you girl. My solution...I try to clean up everyday after I scrap. I know, some people say why when you're going back to it. It helps me focus AND to know where my "stuff" is b/c I'm always putting it up!lol You can do this! Don't forget to post your after. See you in a few!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cathy can you come and organise me too please :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to playing in LOAD with you, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your scraproom clean up goes well. I just keep making mine messy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Being organized is a super great tip!! I better get on that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes I have just as much fun organizing and oohing and aahing over all of my scrappy supplies as I do playing with them. EnJOY the organization process. I'm sure you'll love the result! :0)

    Heather (aka KnowJoy)

    ReplyDelete