Thanks for stopping by the Scrap Happy Blog Hop! Here is the entire list of participants in case you want to go out of order:
Kelli P. www.scrapbookgirl71.com
Alison D. http://adayinthelifeor5.blogspot.ca
Cathy H. http://pikespeakscrapper.blogspot.com
Heather H. http://heathazscrapz.blogspot.com
Alison C. http://scrappinginsingapore.blogspot.com
Heather D. http://heathersdragonsden.blogspot.com
Danielle H. http://ecoscrapbook.blogspot.com
I have just started my blog, literally, last Saturday, so I beg your indulgence as I am still finding my way around this crazy thing! If anyone has any tips or suggestions, please leave me a comment as I'm anxious to get educated, which leads me to why you came here, to learn more about how to get through LOAD!
Five things that have helped me get through the month:
1. Make sure you have adhesive. If you are like me, you are drowning in stash, but if you don't have anything to glue it down, it's just, well, stash!
2. The prompts are just the start. If you are drawing a blank, don't sweat it! Make a different page that day. The goal is to get the story on the page and move on!
3. If your goal is you really want to follow the prompt and are just stuck, go to the gallery and get some inspiration there. Scraplift! Your pictures will be different and years later it won't matter that you did and you won't remember anyway :)
4. Post your work in the gallery. What has kept me going during LOAD is making the relationships and hearing what others say about my pages and passing on the kudos. I work from home writing closed captioning for the TV, so I crave that human relationship with others who love to do the exact same thing I do, SCRAPPING!
5. If you find yourself running out of time and are mostly a paper scrapper like I am and feel that digital is cheating, IT'S NOT! I am just learning my Creative Memories Memory Manager and am loving what it can do. I will never ever give up my adhesives, ribbon and washi tape, but boy, when I can just click and plop pictures in pages already designed, wow, LOVE IT and the story is told!
Hope this helps you get through the month and I look forward to seeing all of you at Scrap Happy and Flickr! Thanks for stopping by and head on over to see Dani at http://www.acoffeeaddict.com.